My version of this recipe is very low in fat compared to most cream-based salads, and is the perfect lunch item! Kids also LOVE this salad because the fruit makes it sweet.
– 2 cups cooked chopped chicken (leftovers, or grilled chicken breast)
– 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
– 4 stalks of celery, chopped
– 1 cup grapes, cut in half
– juice of 1/2 lemon
– 2 tsp mustard
– 1 Tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
– 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
– small pinch of salt & pepper
– 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
Just mix all of the ingredients together, and viola! You’ve got a lunch everyone in the family will love! And I’m talking about a lunch you will not mind eating two days in a row 🙂
Marina Bedrossian is a Northport, NY dietitian nutritionist who helps people with holistic nutrition solutions and food sensitivities. Visit this page to schedule an appointment and don’t forget to join the private Facebook group “Ingredients For Healthy Families” more information here.