- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 head raw cauliflower, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup pineapple, coarsely chopped (fresh if possible, otherwise canned works too)
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add onions and garlic, cook for 5 minutes or until onions begin to soften and turn translucent.
- Add cauliflower, soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, and coconut. Mix and let cook for about 8 minutes, or until cauliflower has softened but still has a slight crunch (“al dente”).
- Mix in pineapple and serve.
This dish is great with stir fried chicken, shrimp, beef, or pork. Enjoy!
Marina Bedrossian is a Northport, NY dietitian nutritionist who helps people with holistic nutrition solutions and food sensitivities. Visit this page to schedule an appointment and don’t forget to join the private Facebook group “Ingredients For Healthy Families” more information here.