This salad makes for a beautiful pairing with a light sandwich, flatbread, or wrap. We love it with tacos!
- 1 jicima, peeled (I like to use the back of a spoon to peel them, or a knife)
- 1 bunch of raddishes
- 2 carrots
- 1 large peach or mango
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno finely chopped (optional)
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the jicima, raddishes, carrots, and fruit into matchstick-sized pieces.
- Toss all of the ingredients in a bowl. Let the salad sit for a few minutes while the flavors marinate. Enjoy!
Dairy free, gluten free
Marina Bedrossian is a Northport, NY dietitian nutritionist who helps people with holistic nutrition solutions and food sensitivities. Visit this page to schedule an appointment and don’t forget to join the private Facebook group “Ingredients For Healthy Families” more information here.