If you ask me, these are the best pancakes in the world! I don’t care for the typical pancake, they aren’t very flavorful and leave me hungry. This pancakes have a beautiful texture and are loaded with healthy fiber. They are rustic and hearty yet still light and fluffy. Today, I’m enjoying them on the morning of a snow storm to prepare for snow shoveling!
Serves 4 people, about 8 pancakes total.
- 1 cup oat bran cereal
- 1/2 cup almond flour (can sub regular wheat flour or oat flour)
- dash of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder (or 3/4 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp white vinegar if using a LEAP diet)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or cow’s milk
- 1 egg
- butter or oil for cooking
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk and egg and mix well.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes while you put a large skillet on medium heat and let it warm up.
- Add 1 tsp of butter or oil to the pan, then pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake into the pan.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes or so, until done.
- Serve with maple syrup, nut butter, or yogurt and fruit.
Marina Bedrossian is a Northport, NY dietitian nutritionist who helps people with holistic nutrition solutions and food sensitivities. Visit this page to schedule an appointment and don’t forget to join the private Facebook group “Ingredients For Healthy Families” more information here.