This is my go-to bread. It’s great for everyday use, and is loaded with protein. It is also LEAP friendly for those who are on a food sensitivity diet.
• coconut or olive oil for greasing pan
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/8 cup whole raw cashews + 3 cups cashews
• 8 eggs
• 4 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 7 tablespoons coconut flour
Preheat oven to 325 F.
1. Grease a 10 by 41⁄2-inch loaf pan with the oil. If you have it, line the bottom and sides of the pan with parchment paper so the ends hang over the sides.
2. Combine the water, cashews, eggs, vinegar, baking soda, and salt in a high-speed blender and process on low speed for 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides and then process on high for 60 seconds, or until very smooth. Add the coconut flour and blend again for 30 seconds. If the batter is too thick to blend, add up to 2 tablespoons water until it is moving easily through the blender. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
4. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then gently remove the loaf using the parchment paper overhangs and allow to cool on a wire rack before serving or storing. I like to slice this loaf into thin slices. Store the bread tightly wrapped in parchment and cling wrap in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To freeze – wrap the loaf tightly in parchment paper and place inside a freezer resealable bag. Press all of the air out and zip it tight. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
Adapted from https://againstallgrain.com/2017/02/08/grain-free-blender-bread-recipe/
Marina Bedrossian is a Northport, NY dietitian nutritionist who helps people with holistic nutrition solutions and food sensitivities. Visit this page to schedule an appointment and don’t forget to join the private Facebook group “Ingredients For Healthy Families” more information here.