After seeing these wraps in a vegan restaurant, I thought “how easy!”. You can also use rice paper, seaweed, or lettuce as a wrap. I used collard greens because I never eat them. I like my recipe so much because it is pretty satisfying with the tahini, avocado, and beans.
- Collard greens (or large leaves of lettuce, etc)
- Tahini (about 1-2 Tbsp)
- Fresh lime juice, about 1/4 of a lime
- 1/2 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup beans (I used leftover bean salad)
- a few shavings of fresh onion
- 1/2 avocado
- hot sauce to taste
- salt to taste
- salsa for dipping/serving
- Trim the long stem from the collard greens. Lay it flat with the dark green side down.
- Spread the tahini and lime juice on the greens, then add the peppers, beans, onions, avocado, hot sauce, salt, and cilantro evenly.
- Roll the green up like a burrito (The sides will likely have to remain open. That’s ok, I used toothpicks to hold them in place).
- Serve with salsa, enjoy!
Marina Bedrossian is a Northport, NY dietitian nutritionist who helps people with holistic nutrition solutions and food sensitivities. Visit this page to schedule an appointment and don’t forget to join the private Facebook group “Ingredients For Healthy Families” more information here.